The Menopause MOT/support in York
Many women have problems, but few seek help. We aim to put together a bespoke plan to help support you. You will leave the session with exercise advice, a specific pelvic floor exercise programme specifically for you, an understanding of the benefits and risks of HRT and knowledge of other available options. We are passionate about helping women feel supported, improve their quality of life and live it with confidence.
Perimenopause and menopause can be a time to take stock and assess your health and wellbeing; it is a time when you can benefit from a physiotherapy assessment and advice.
We recommend all women at this stage of life have a pelvic health check to see where they are at, address any issues and put into practice strategies to help safeguard their pelvic and wider health for the future.
A Menopause MOT will involve the following:
- A medical history check to discuss your general and hormonal health. We will ask you detailed questions about your pelvic floor, bladder and bowel function as well as any issues with intercourse.
- An assessment of your weekly exercise routine and guidance taking into consideration bone, hormonal and cardiac health.
- An internal assessment to evaluate your internal pelvic health and check your pelvic floor muscles.
- A breathing and abdominal assessment to look at how you are managing intra-abdominal pressure
- We will also discuss sleep, stress levels and nutrition
What our clients say
“Emma really took the time to listen to me and what I wanted to achieve from my Mummy MOT. She has helped get me back to doing the exercise I love in a safe and healthy way.”
“Abby was so helpful from start to finish. She reassured me through the whole process of my nail surgery and I’m in no more pain! I would highly recommend Abby , she’s a fantastic podiatrist and it’s a really lovely clinic too, with calm relaxing atmosphere.”
“Emma is a fantastic lady with lots of knowledge whose hands have seen me through two pregnancies. If there is ever another I will definitely be returning.”
“Thanks for the session last night Emma. I felt better just for having someone listen to me and it’s given me a real boost. I look forward to our next session and progressing my rehab even further.”
“Abby is so knowledgeable and very professional in her approach. She gave me great advice and treatment and made me feel comfortable and listened to. I would really recommend this clinic to everyone. ”
“Thanks so much for the session! I feel like I got a lot out of it and feel much more positive than I did.”
“Emma was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The service was just what I was looking for in-depth on the day and good follow-up information and advice. I would highly recommend it. ”