Women's Health Physio York
Kin Body and Sole Women’s Health Physiotherapy York Based Clinic
One in five of the population will suffer with pelvic floor dysfunction at some point during their lifetime and one in two will have a prolapse following child birth. Symptoms range from pain and discomfort, difficulty toileting, to reduced bladder and/or bowel control.
This is a specialist area treating a wide range of problems that may be encountered throughout all of a woman’s life stages from pregnancy to menopause. We offer individual evaluation and treatment programmes looking at the whole you in order to encourage active engagement and improve your quality of life. All treatment sessions are conducted in a nurturing, caring and safe environment by Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist’s.
Other Women’s Health conditions are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain’s Tenosynivitus
- Abdominal diastisis (tummy gap in your abdominal muscles)
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
Our treatment approaches can include:
- Breathing techniques
- Trigger point release
- Myo-fascial manipulation
- Integrated pelvic pain management
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Scar massage; mobilisation & de-sensitisation
- Re-education of correct pelvic floor function (release and strengthening using appropriate pelvic floor exercises)
- Working to restore the appearance and function of the abdominal wall
- Core co-ordination
- Ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor muscles & perineal evaluation, for functional diagnosis and bio-feedback purposes
Women’s Health Physiotherapy in York – What We Treat
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Bowel Health and Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Sexual Dysfunction including painful intercourse
- Gynaecological surgery (pre/post surgery rehabilitation)
- Menopausal Symptoms
What our clients say
Super Helpful, Knowledgable and Friendly. Saw Emma this morning for an antenatal assessment, she was really lovely and made me feel very much at ease. Her tips and advice in the lead up to having our first little one has really given me confidence in how I can best adapt my exercise and daily activities during pregnancy.
I found EMMA very friendly, professional and very knowledgable. She was able to diagnose my problems and came up with several workable recommendations. I’m happy to say that I have noticed an immediate improvement and can’t recommend EMMA highly enough.
Emma is a wonderful Women’s health physiotherapist , extremely knowledgeable and able to help me feel confident in my body
I had a wonderful treatment from Abi who was able to help me with a painful joint and I came away with great tips and feet feeling great
Emma is an amazing physio and teacher and I’d very much recommend learning hypopressives with her.